Full Time, Wellington
We’re seeking an experienced creative professional to join the Wrestler whānau and lead creative direction across a wide range of projects and clients.
The ideal candidate will be an experienced and expert generator of ideas, who thrives on collaboration, thinks strategically, and can easily flex between highly creative and corporate opportunities.
Wrestler makes high quality film and interactive content for organisations who share our passion for moving the collective consciousness forward. Our work helps brands and organisations build a following and make a statement. Our team and studio is designed to deliver world class storytelling from concept to completion. Wrestler makes everything from one-off videos to full brand platforms and campaigns. We work (and play!) in film, TV, digital and social media content, and mixed reality.
Our Creative Director:
- Leads the creative direction across Wrestler’s diverse range of projects and clients
- Responds to briefs with strategically relevant, innovative ideas that can stretch across different mediums
- Communicates ideas clearly, bringing them to life as a copywriter, art director, and director
- Presents ideas, liaises directly with clients, leads creative meetings, and contributes to pitches for new work
- Builds and maintains honest, productive relationships with clients and coworkers
- Sometimes acts as a supervisor and mentor for creative work by other Wrestlers.
We’re looking for someone with:
- 7+ years experience in a creative company or advertising agency
- International brand or creative experience
- Exceptional and versatile creative skills
- Proven ability to address needs and solve problems through creative concepts/ideas
- Great understanding of all social media platforms and distribution channels, with a hunger to explore non-traditional outputs like VR and AR
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to lead and collaborate
- Values that align with Wrestler’s — sustainability and environmental protection, equity for all people, and using creativity for good.
You’ll do great in this role if you:
- Live and breathe creativity and love making awesome work.
- Are a master ideas generator.
- Can easily flex between highly creative and corporate opportunities.
- Are passionate about humans and enjoy working with them.
- Have the creative chops, but not the ego to match.
- Love doing things differently and aren’t tied to traditional ways of working.
- Are curious about the future of creating content.
- Approach your work with a positive attitude.
- Thrive in a dynamic and occasionally ambiguous working environment.
- Can manage time pressure and deadlines
- Are flexible and able to manage multiple projects at once.
Does this sound like you? Please send your CV to: email@example.com